Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Paintings

So, I definitely am not sure how to do this whole posting business! I want the text to appear on top or in between the images, yet it always appears at the bottom! Yay for the efficiency of the computer age! Trivial griping aside, I have been painting!!! It has been amazingly fun to tackle things that just scare me half to death. (from an artistic standpoint) My first self portrait in a year. In all past self portraits, I have looked young, drugged, or Asian. I am not sure why it is always these three things, but suffice it to say, this is the best I have thus far done!


I have always wanted to do a painting of a Converse shoe. I'm not sure why.


And, of course, I love trees! They represent a level of design, aesthetics, and pure scientific genius that human beings have yet to scratch the surface of!


Speaking of design, this is a P-51 Mustang that I came in contact with the other day!


This is a scaled suit of armor. All of the joints move and are put together in as accurate a form as possible. Hundreds of pounds of fitted metal armor would be strapped to the stalky folk they called Knights. On a horse, these warriors were a footsoldier's worst nightmare. Knock a knight off his horse, though, and the weight of his armor mad him an immovable pin-cushion.


My friends and I are convinced that the Armenians at Starbucks are part of the mafia.


They drive expensive cars, speak in Russian, and glare at the artistic ruffians in the corner.


(artistic ruffians in the corner)

I think the griping was in vain. I believe I have figured out how to post text between images. when I hit "Publish Post" I guess we shall find out! So, on this beautiful summer afternoon, this is Sparky, signing off and ready to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment